Rachel is a registered and fully endorsed organisational psychologist with the Australian Psychological Society (APS). She has a special interest and training in the use of nonviolent communication (NVC) or compassionate communication to manage and transform conflict.
On a personal level, NVC training has probably added years to Rachel’s life, helping her to sense and understand others’ emotional pain and the underlying needs rather than worrying too much about what they think!
Rachel has enjoyed working for years as a consultant to workplaces conducting mediations, undertaking employee counselling, executive coaching, manager and team development training, outplacement counselling, career guidance and culture change programs.
Rachel is unbiased. She encourages all parties to take responsibility for their own feelings, needs, reactions and actions. Rachel is passionate about helping her clients to:
- Find ways to say clearly what has happened without blame or judgement
- Rebuild trust by communicating how they are feeling, clearly and non-judgementally
- Express the unmet needs which underlie the conflict
- Listen and connect with the needs of the other party
- Clarify what the parties can do cooperatively to resolve the conflict, through agreement of specific strategies
Her aim is to show her clients the language and communication skills that strengthen their ability to remain human, even under trying conditions.
Here is what a recent client had to say about Rachel:
“(Rachel) is outstanding. She is an insightful, skilled professional yet tempers all with warmth, common sense and humour. I can’t thank her enough for the difference she has helped to make”.